- ItemProperty Ownership and Transferring Are Important Features of Your Farm Succession Plan(2017-02) Goeringer, PaulMany people think an estate plan is just a will, but it is much more than that. Your estate plan will typically include documents and tools to distribute your property according to your wishes following your death. When it comes to transitioning your farm or any family business to the next generation, how property is owned and the property transfers prior to your death can be important features of your succession plan or estate plan. Titling property in a joint tenancy with rights of survivorship allows you to choose who inherits upon your death and to transfer the property outside the will. Transferring property, such as through gifting, allows property to go to the next generation prior to your death and provides control over who gets your property.
- ItemCurrent Legal Rules Benefit Spray Applicators When It Comes to Pesticide Drift(2016-09) Goeringer, Paul
- ItemHow to Lease Your Land With a Conservation Easement(2016-09) Suri, Mayhah; Goeringer, Paul
- ItemAgricultural Water Law in Maryland: The Water Appropriation Application Process and Use in a Time of Drought(2016-08) Ellixson, Ashley; Everhart, SarahTo conserve and protect the State's water resources the State of Maryland controls the appropriation or use of its surface waters and groundwater. State law requires all agricultural operations to comply with the water appropriation permitting process, including traditional forms of agriculture, livestock and poultry operations, nursery operations and aquaculture.
- ItemOpening a Distillery: Legal Details That Producers Need to Know(2016-08) Suri, Mayhah