Show simple item record

Reunited and It Feels So Good?: Reunifying the Baltimore News American Collection

dc.contributor.authorGraham, Susan
dc.contributor.authorCoulbourne, Mark
dc.date.accessioned2021-10-14T19:24:13Z
dc.date.available2021-10-14T19:24:13Z
dc.date.issued2021-10-08
dc.identifierhttps://doi.org/10.13016/qlbq-q7lz
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1903/28053
dc.description.abstractThe Baltimore News American was a newspaper that operated in Baltimore for nearly two hundred years and closed in 1986. After closing the Hearst Corporation donated the photographs, and clippings morgue to the University of Maryland, College Park while the bulk of the photographic negatives were donated to the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. In 2018 an agreement was reached that would reunite the collection in College Park. Moving the photographic negatives would prove to be more complex than initially thought. The collection at UMBC consisted of approximately 48,000 glass plate and acetate negatives that were housed together in the basement of the Albin O. Kuhn Library.en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.subjectBaltimoreen_US
dc.titleReunited and It Feels So Good?: Reunifying the Baltimore News American Collectionen_US
dc.typePresentationen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record