DRUM Deposit Policies
Deposit Criteria for the Individual Deposit Collections for UM Faculty:
- Depositor must be a University of Maryland faculty member
- Depositor must have the ability to assign needed rights to UM (no deposits on behalf of
another, no deposit of works restricted under existing copyright agreements, etc.). Individuals who
coauthor a work generally have the ability to assign rights for the work, unless those rights have
been transferred to another entity.
- Deposits must be substantive works of scholarship
- Deposits must be complete - able to stand alone as a work or collection. (No notes, etc.)
Depositors of works should note:
- The repository currently accepts works of scholarship. Course-related works (syllabi, course
notes, etc.) are not appropriate for deposit.
- All deposits will be distributed freely across the web (access will not be limited by location).
- As a repository, deposited files will be maintained indefinitely, at least at the minimal level
of maintaining file integrity. However, migration to preserve functionality is not guaranteed. If the
work is of a transitory nature or of transitory usefulness, deposit may not be appropriate.
- Deposits will be reviewed by library staff for basic accuracy of metadata, fulfillment of the
deposit criteria, successful attachment of file, etc.
- Deposits that do not meet these criteria can be removed from the archive without notice to the
Still have questions?
General inquiries: email@example.com, (301) 314-1328
DRUM Coordinator: Terry Owen, firstname.lastname@example.org