Digital Repository at the University of Maryland (DRUM) >
Policy for Creating DRUM Communities
- Any current UM faculty member can request the creation of a new community.
- Proposals for new communities will be reviewed by the UM Libraries in conjunction with other stakeholders
- New communities will be managed by the requestor although the Libraries reserve the right to impose added
review by the Libraries to assist in repository management.
- New communities must meet needs beyond those served by existing communities.
- Submission to all communities and their collections must be limited to works or collections authored by
University of Maryland affiliates.
- Submitters to all collections must have the ability to assign needed rights to the University of Maryland.
- All works in collections must be substantive works of scholarship.
- All submissions must be complete - able to stand alone as a work or collection.
- All collections will be distributed freely across the web (access will not be limited by location).
Still have questions?
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, (301) 314-1328
DRUM Coordinator: Terry Owen, email@example.com