About Depositing Work in DRUM
DRUM offers several convenient features for distributing work across the Internet.
- The deposit process is very simple, usually easier than loading a file onto a Web site.
- As a permanent repository, DRUM maintains your file indefinitely with no further work by the depositor.
The depositor can leave the University of Maryland, but the file will be maintained.
- DRUM publicizes the descriptive information you provide with your file. This means that potential
readers of your work can find it by searching any service that collects this information. Several
services based in academe are collecting and compiling repository information, and commercial services
such as Google are very eager to collect this type of information. The audience for deposited work is
far larger than just the people who know that the University of Maryland has a repository.
- DRUM provides you with a permanent URL for your work. You can distribute the URL rather than attaching
files to email messages. You can use the URL to create a link to your deposited work from any Web page.
Interested in depositing your work in DRUM?
- Follow the Login link located in the left
menu. You will then see a login page with two options--one for UM Users and one for Non-UM Users/Others. If you are affiliated with the University of Maryland, use
your University ID and password to log in.
- The system will automatically register you as a new user and assign you submission permissions
using the departmental codes listed in the University LDAP system, which manages personal information
about campus affiliates.
- Click on the "Start a Submission" button and follow the instructions to upload your file.
- If you are not a UM User, register as a New User. You will receive an email asking you to create a password and to enter minimal contact information. Once this step is completed, follow the instructions above.
For more information, check out these pages:
Still have questions?
General inquiries: email@example.com, (301) 314-1328
DRUM Coordinator: Terry Owen, firstname.lastname@example.org